Conflict Resolution Manager
Vacancy No: RU-063
Post Title: Conflict Resolution Manager
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: Oct, 31, 2016
Closing Date: Nov, 16, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs confidential intakes and screenings with individual employees and/or departments for work-related conflicts and issues; reviews complaints for nature, scope, and severity in consultation with supervisor.
- Coordinates and/or plans scheduling of student’s appointments, mediation, and department presentations, training, and related functions.
- Participates in case file management and research, to include opening and closing of cases.
- Responds to, refers, and/or coordinates the resolution of policy-related or procedural problems and queries emanating from departments and/or students.
- Provides routine/administrative advice and assistance to department representatives and others in the application and/or clarification of dispute resolution policies, procedures, and documents.
- Maintains and updates confidential files and records, ensuring adherence to appropriate confidentiality procedures and standards.
- Researches and verifies information; gathers, evaluates, and analyzes data and prepares ad hoc reports, summaries and/or responses to inquiries.
- Designs and develops specified reports, documents, and routine correspondence on procedural and policy issues, as assigned.
- Participates in unit financial planning; coordinates the preparation of operating budgets, and monitors and controls expenditures against budget.
- Undertake all the responsibilities of order and discipline committee.
- Control and manage all the university campuses
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Education: At least Bachelor degree.
- Attested, original qualification documents including Bachelor degree are required
- Experience: 1 year experience in order and discipline committee.
- Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
- Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong teaching skill & knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of dispute resolution principles and practices.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Interviewing skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Ability to address large groups, small groups, and individuals; provide information and listen.
- Assessment and referral skills.
- Knowledge of basic office management and administration principles and procedures.
1. Education: At least Bachelor degree.
2. Attested, original qualification documents including Bachelor degree are required
3. Experience: 1 year experience in order and discipline committee.
4. Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
6. Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong teaching skill & knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Cell: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.