Vacancy No: RU-048
Post Title: Computer Science Coordinator (BCS Faculty)
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: Jul, 16, 2016
Closing Date: Jul, 20, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Dean of BCS Faculty, the Employee will undertake the following tasks and ensures that all his undertakings will be performed to the highest possible proficiency:
- Assistant Coordinator work closely with the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs BCS and with site managers related issues.-
- Academic Coordinators participate in committees and councils within the University BCS Faculty.
- Managing and utilizing the skills of the Assistant Academic Coordinator assigned to the relevant program;
- Supporting instructional staff, encouraging collaboration between instructors and teaching assistants, and gathering information through classroom observations;
- Managing staff conduct issues as they arise through modeling and/or appropriate redress;
- Reviewing and editing course syllabus, supervising the collection and organization of student evaluations and any other follow-up documents to ensure consistency with course goals and standards for quality and timeliness;
- Providing timely, meaningful and constructive feedback to academic staff regarding documentation and instructional activities;
- Responding in a positive and supportive manner to instructional staff questions, concerns and needs of department.
- Informing administrative staff of student or staff concerns as appropriate. Conveying effectively to academic staff, through training experiences and documents, according to policy and procedures of RU.
- Responding to parent inquiries and concerns appropriately relate BCS department
- Documenting administrative procedures and activities to serve the informational needs of both the PC and other academic staff.
- Keep in touch with all faculty member related to timetables, classes timing and lecture notes.
- Reporting student’s attendance to concern department.
- Reporting lecturer attendance to concern departments.
- To participate and cooperate in RANA's Kankors and to do any other task as assigned by the dean of faculty.
1. Education: At least Bachelor degree.
2. Attested, original qualification documents including Bachelor degree are required
3. Experience: 1 year experience in Coordinating.
4. Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
6. Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong teaching skill & knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Cell: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.