Vacancy No: RU-054
Post Title: Discipline Officer
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 6
Date Announced: Aug, 31, 2016
Closing Date: Sep, 15, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and submit monthly progress report of his activities to the HoD.
- To ensure punctuality to the specific timings announced by the HoD.
- To actively participate in the management or academic committee meetings.
- To actively participate in the departmental meetings.
- To actively participate in other committee meetings.
- To participate and cooperate in Rana’s Kankors and to do any other related task as assigned by the higher.
- Checks students’ ID-cards, and uniforms at each interval.
- Counsels’ students if they break rules.
- Issues tardiness slips to late students. Counsels them before giving a slip.
- Reports to parents or guardians on student’s problems.
- Disciplines students if they break rules for the second time or commit a serious problem.
- Invites parents to have a talk about a student’s problem.
- Writes/Issues incident reports of a student.
- Checks the classroom to see if students breaks rules.
- Works with teachers to solve problems about student.
- May go to a class to talk about the discipline if being asked by a teacher.
- Reports all issues to the Administration.
- May do other related tasks if necessary.
- High School Diploma or Bachelor degree.
- Attested, original qualification documents.
- Psychology and counselling management.
- At least 1 year experience in counselling and discipline in an academic environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very strong business acumen, high customer service skills, attention to detail.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- Strong and positive work ethic and attitude.
- Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
- Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong managing skill & knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Mob: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.