Vacancy No: RU-057
Post Title: Library Manager
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: Oct, 09, 2016
Closing Date: Oct, 20, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Selects, evaluates, and organizes library materials of various types, including books, CD-ROMs, periodicals, microfiche, and documents.
- Reviews and recommends library materials for conversion to electronic format.
- Analyzes, implements, and evaluates standards and procedures for library programs and services.
- Promote the role of the library, and the range of resources students can access through the library, to support inquiry and develop information literacy across all year levels and all curriculum areas.
- Collaborate with staff to plan inquiry units and identify appropriate resourcing and scaffolding to support students’ research.
- Plan and implement the library orientation program.
- Establish and monitor day-to-day systems and workflows in library.
- Education: At least Bachelor degree with specialization in the field of Management or other relevant field from a recognized university/institute.
- Experience: 1year experience in relevant position.
- Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
- Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong teaching skill & knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Mob: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.