Public Relation Officer
Vacancy No: RU-056
Post Title: Public Relation Officer
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: Sep, 25, 2016
Closing Date: Oct, 06, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Duties and Responsibilities:
- planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople;
- liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email;
- researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- collating and analyzing media coverage;
- writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs;
- devising and coordinating photo opportunities;
- organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website;
- managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook;
- sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- commissioning market research;
- fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Education: At least Bachelor degree with specialization in the field of Management or other relevant field from a recognized university/institute.
- Experience: 1year experience in relevant position.
- Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
- Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong teaching skill & knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Mob: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.