Vacancy No: RU-064
Post Title: Examination Assistant
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 2
Date Announced: Nov, 03, 2016
Closing Date: Nov, 20, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist and support the Examinations Controller in his duties:
- Keep up-to-date with all examination requirements and ensure that staff and students are aware of the relevant regulations, communicating these as necessary.
- To assist in the preparation for and organization of all exams, both internal and external, (including making estimated and actual entries) in accordance with the regulations laid down by the regulators and the examination boards.
- To receive and store all examination papers as they arrive and be responsible for all examination stationery.
- To make appropriate provision for students who have an exam clash, or other special requirements, ensuring arrangements for candidates with special needs are met.
- To ensure examination papers are dispatched to the exam board/examiners as required by the regulations.
- To be present on days to notified of results and make arrangements for their distribution to students, and to attend results’ days and deal with queries from students.
- To help with the book keeping and record of students in to record department.
- To ensure the accurate and timely processing of registrations, exams attendance, entries, results, certification, withdrawal from awarding bodies and other related exam functions.
- To assist in validation and error checking of exam entries.
- To collect and account for examination entries and papers.
- Ensure all students and invigilators are well aware from examination date and results.
- To ensure all examination documents are secure and safe.
- To prepare students for exams and support the delivery of study skills support.
- To organize and co-ordinate access arrangements for students requiring support.
- To liaise with all staff, students, awarding organizations and invigilators to ensure effective communication and efficient running of all aspects of exams.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the Line manager.
Education: At least Bachelor degree.
Experience: 1 year experience in management field.
Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong computer skill & knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Cell: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.