Computer Science Lecturer
Vacancy No: RU-059
Post Title: Lecturer
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Annual Contract (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: Oct, 10, 2016
Closing Date: Oct, 20, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To prepare and hand over the lecture note(s) of the subject(s) assigned to the lecturer in hard and soft mode.
2. To prepare the lesson plan of the subject based on the given format and to implement it effectively in the class.
3. To teach the subject, facilitate a fair competitive class environment, prepare exam question, conduct exam, mark the papers and submit them to Exam Unit at the specified time.
4. To instruct the academic cadre and the students in the light of Ministry rules.
5. To fully cooperate with HoD and follow his/her instructions for the sake of betterment of the department and to maintain an academic environment.
6. To prepare and submit monthly progress report of the his/her activities to the HoD.
7. To ensure punctuality to the specific timings announced by the HoD.
8. To actively participate in the academic committee meetings.
9. To actively participate in the departmental meetings.
10. To actively participate in other committee meetings.
11. To receive the appropriate Lecturer Self - Assessment form from the Quality Assurance Committee and conduct it at least once per semester.
12. To follow and respect all codes, discipline and policies of RANA for the sake of maintaining an appropriate and well academic Environment.
13. To responsibly take part in the academic affairs of RANA and contribute effectively in the development of RANA’s status in the field of quality education.
14. To ensure to be engaged in progressive learning process, most specially a foreign language and proper computer skills.
15. To actively participate in writing and publishing books, reference materials and to lead and continue in the field of research.
16. To participate and cooperate in Rana’s Kankors and to do any other task as assigned by the higher
- Education: At least Master degree with specialization in any of the following fields from a recognized university/institute.
- Software Engineering
- Computer Programing & Database
- Systems Analysis
Attested, original qualification documents including Bachelor and Master degree are required
Experience: 3 - 5 years’ experience in Lectureship.
Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong teaching skill & knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Mob: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.