Student Affairs VC
Vacancy No: RU-055
Post Title: Student Affairs VC
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Annual Contract (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: Aug, 31, 2016
Closing Date: Sep, 15, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
- Directs the strategic plan of the Office of Student Affairs and supervises its
2. Examines appeals, petitions and other exception-based requests from students and referring and solving the matters as appropriate with the concerned authority and trouble shoot problems and plan necessary activities
3. Assists in developing policies and procedures relating to student discipline in the disciplinary committee.
4. Plans and arranges social, cultural, and recreational activities of various student groups, according to university policies and regulations
5. Should support the record department for student Registration and Record process.
6. Evaluates operations and programs in light of changing needs, competitive services, and current best practices to assure quality and relevance.
7. Conducts periodic reviews to evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness of staff
8. Makes recommendations for change as appropriate in any area of the university.
9. Manages committees, working groups, task forces and similar groups as assigned.
10. Establishment of publications and other informational materials for RU Students and clients.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned by the academic VC of RU.
1. Education: PhD degree strongly preferred.
2. Three or Five years’ experience in a student-focused academic administrative, Advisory or management responsibility.
3. Outstanding interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and the ability to maintain.
4. Confidentiality is essential.
5. Excellent command of spoken and written English. Pashto and Dari would be an asset.
6. Working knowledge of current office applications software such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Access and Internet Explorer is desirable.
7. Must be available for evening and weekend assignment when required.
a. Regular contact with Administrative Manager and Vice chancellor and management staff.
b. Supervises work of professional and support staff and work study students.
c. Frequently contact with students and visitors to the office. Maintains regular contact with faculty and
d. Executive, administrative, clerical and supportive staff of the University.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Mob: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.