Vacancy No: RU-055
Post Title: Security Guard
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 6
Date Announced: Aug, 31, 2016
Closing Date: Sep, 11, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a professional security guard to protect our premises, assets and personnel. You will maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions.
The goal is to detect, deter, observe and report.
- Protect Organization property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances.
- Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property.
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators.
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences.
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents.
- Patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter.
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates.
- Watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment.
- May do other related tasks if necessary.
- Ability to use VHF and HF Radios.
- Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in knowing Dari & Pashto and English would be an asset.
- Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong managing skill.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong and positive work ethic and attitude.
- Proven work experience as a security guard or relevant position.
- Trained security officer with diploma.
- Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols.
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- High school degree.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Mob: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.