Vacancy No: RU-049
Post Title: Cafeteria Manager
Organization: Rana University
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: Jul, 25, 2016
Closing Date: Jul, 30, 2016
RANA University is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Educations of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector.
RU as an institution to provide higher education has set goals that arte future-oriented, professional and skill based meeting the needs of today and the future in the contemporary education disciplines of business administration, computer science, mass communication, economics and English language in degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on the market demands. See more at: www.ru.edu.af
Responsible for planning, managing, monitoring, supervising and providing assistance in the provisioning, operation, and functions of a smaller food service facility (cafeteria) with a staff serving, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Plan, coordinate, assign, oversee and participate as required in the preparation, and serving of food; preparing and maintaining necessary records and files.
• Identify problems and suggest changes in methods and procedures.
• Open kitchen, set up equipment, prepare cafeteria for serving.
• Train personnel in operational procedures.
• Maintain accurate food service records.
• Maintain consistency in food preparation and service to students and employees.
• Prepare equipment for food preparation and monitor refrigeration equipment.
• Order cafeteria supplies and prepare food orders as needed.
• Prepare foods as needed; prepare inventory and production records.
• Set up monies for cash registers.
• Count and balance cash received; prepare deposit and deposits monies in save cash.
• Prepare work details for next day; secure kitchen for next day and when not in use.
• Supervise cleaning and sanitizing of eating utensils, counters and equipment.
• Compile reports, bills, deposit slips and cash register reports.
• Receive, check and sign for food delivered to employees and students, prepare work schedule, keep time sheets.
• Prepare food production reports, prepare roster sheets.
• Coordinate efforts with Administration which include (Delivery, maintenance, security, custodial).
• Attend meetings.
• Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General knowledge of the preparation, of food in large quantities; general knowledge of food quality and values: some knowledge of special dietary requirements; general knowledge of the practices used in receiving and storing food in large quantities; general knowledge of kitchen sanitation and safety measures used in food handling and in the operation, cleaning and care of utensils, equipment and work area; ability to supervise the work of others; ability to prepare reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, students and university staff; able to maintain emotional control; the ability to work with others in a close fast paced environment and the ability to address customers and staff in a pleasant, courteous manner; must be organized and be able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and correctly complete reports and documents in a timely manner.
1. Education: Bachelor in management & finance.
2. Attested, original qualification documents including Bachelor degree are required.
3. Experience: 3 years’ in the related field.
4. Language Skills: Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
6. Personal qualification: Must be hard worker and honest having strong managing skill.
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Cell: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.
Rana University © 2017